This quiche is also great with tomato salsa or hot sauce. Also, you can reheat it in the microwave on days when you don't have time to make breakfast.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
1 hour, 20 min
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 1 bunch green onion, finely chopped (white part only)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon macadamia oil
- freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 deg C). Lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish.
2. Saute garlic in oil for 1 minute, then add yellow onion and mushrooms, and green onion. Cook until tender.
3. Place spinach in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until soft. Drain off all remaining liquid from the spinach. Stir in eggs, cottage cheese, and sauteed onions and mushrooms. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
4. Bake uncovered in oven for 1 hour, or until eggs are set.