Submitted by: Erik H
Do you have a picture of this recipe? Use the photo upload feature on the submit a recipe page or e-mail a photo to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 lime
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or chipotle peppers, minced)
1. Mix all the dry seasonings in a small bowl.
2. Cover the bottom of a large nonstick skillet with the olive and heat to medium. When the oil is heated add garlic and onion to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Monitor the heat so the garlic doesn’t brown.
3. Add the dry seasoning to the pan and stir with the oil garlic and onion mixture.
4. Drain ONE of the cans of beans. Open the other can but leave the liquid in. Add both to the pan and turn the heat up to medium-high. Boil the the beans for a few minutes until soft.
5. Mash with a potato masher until desired consistency and cook to desired thickness.
6. Squeeze in lime juice and top with chopped cilantro before serving.
“This is great on it’s own or as a dip. On cheat days, pair with some homemade tortilla chips.>>MMMMM<< Adjust the heat level to your liking. Add fresh jalapenos or mix in some hot sauce to amp it.”