Submitted by: Mike Nielsen
"The picture has a potato in it, but I changed those out for chick peas in the recipe"
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
8 hour, 15 min
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1-2 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz)
- 2 cans beans (undrained; your choice, I use black and kidney)
- 11 ounces prepared pesto (or a cup or so homemade)
- 4 cups chicken broth (can use vegetable)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 handful baby spinach (to add later)
1. Put the veggies into the bottom of your slow cooker (a 6-quart works nicely) and add the entire can of tomatoes and both cans of beans. Pour in the pesto and broth. No additional seasoning is needed.
3. Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the vegetables have fully cooked and softened and flavors have melded completely.
4. Stir well, and add frozen peas and a handful of spinach. Cook on high for another 10-15 min or until the peas are fully hot and the spinach has wilted.