"This recipe is simple but I always feel really good about it when I eat it. Great as veggie kebabs too!"
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped into 2
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped into 2
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped into 2
- 1 medium onion chopped into 2
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil or olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a resealable plastic bag, combine lime juice, water, olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Add chicken strips. Marinate for 2 hours.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together bell peppers, onion, oil, salt, and pepper. Thread vegetables onto skewers leaving ½” space in between.
3. Thread chicken onto skewers, leaving no space in between pieces.
4. Grill chicken skewers on medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Grill vegetable skewers on indirect heat for 10 minutes. Serve with black beans or refried beans and salsa.