Killer main dish and very versatile as a soup or stirfry. I normally would use rice as the extender, but for this diet I use lentils and actually like it much better this way.
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 lb Stew beef cubed and most fat removed seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 small onion 1 in. dice
- 3 large crimini mushrooms halved and sliced 1/4 in.
- 2 roma tomatoes 1/4 in. dice
- 2 Large garlic cloves smash and mince
- 1 cup Fresh Basil rolled and sliced in ribbons
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- small amount coconut oil just enough to cook with
- 2 cups pre cooked lentils
1. Make sure all ingredients are prepped and standing by for close access.
2. Combine water and soy sauce. Get a large pan or wok good and hot on medium hot burner , add coconut oil and straight way add beef. It should sizzle and smoke a bit.
3. When beef is good and brown seared, but still medium rare add onions half the garlic and a dash of salt, cook and stir untill onion is just before translucent.
4. Add mushrooms and stir 2 min.
5. Add half the tomato and cook untill it falls apart.
6. Add the garlic, cook until fragrant.
7. Add the basil and the liquid. Stir to deglaze and allow to thicken a bit. The obliterated tomato will act as a thickener.
8. Turn off heat and add the last of the tomato and allow it to steam while turning in the sauce.
9. Season to taste. Serve on lentils and enjoy with some lentil bread or lentil crackers.