- Ready Time :
- 1 can Mackeral
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 2 eggs or egg substitute
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- olive oil*
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- Worcestershire sauce
1. Start with the lentils and red pepper flakes simmering in a pan on high.
2. In a food processor chop the 1/2 onion with the 3 cloves of garlic and move to a mixing bowl.
3. Add canned Mackerel to mixing bowl and mix with the onion and garlic.
4. Once lentils are mostly cooked strain them and let sit and cool. Once cool strain and squeeze out as much excess water as possible (a thin towel works well) move to mixing bowl and add the two eggs. Mix until well incorporated and form into patties.
5. Spray two pie pans with nonstick spray and line the pans with the patties. Broil them until the tops look firm, take them out of the oven and flip them. Repeat the broiling for the other side.
6. Once both sides are cooked move to hot pan with olive oil and some butter. Pan fry until they are browned and are fully cooked. Serve drizzled with worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, or malt vinegar.