Posted by: Rima
Great recipe to satisfy any chocolate cravings. It is not a very sweet recipe, but it is moist, fluffy and a great little 4HB treat! Enjoy. ++(Only 90 calories per muffin)
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 25-30 grams Pure Cocoa powdered unsweetened
- 80 mls Carrot juice (freshly juiced) you can use water, but you lose from the sweetness.
- 2 teaspoons Decaf instant coffee Mixed in 2 tsp of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch Soda powder
- 3 Eggs, seperated
- 100 grams Almond meal
- 100 grams thinly grated carrots
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Few sliced almonds for decoration.
1 – Oven 180C/355F. Put your muffin paper cups into the 12 muffin wholes of a muffin tray.
2 – Mix your cocoa and carrot juice with a whisk in a bowl. Add your melted coffee, egg yolks and vanilla and stir well until combined. Add the grated carrots, the almond meal, the baking powder and soda and stevia if chosen. Stir well untill all is combined.
3 – Beat your egg whites until soft peaks form.
4 – Start folding the egg whites into the chocolate mix with a spatula, a spoonful after the other until all is combined (do not overwork the mix).
5 – Pour the mix into the paper cups filling 2/3 of the height of the cups. Spinkle the top with shaved almonds (around 6 shavings per muffin). Pick up the muffin tray and put it in another tray/pan/roasting pan that you fill with boiling water (2/3 of height of the muffin tray).
6 – Bake for 20-25 mins. Take the tray out. Remove your muffins from the muffin tray and put them on a rack for them to cool.