Submitted by: Lisa W
- Prep Time :
- Cook Time :
- Ready Time :
- 1 med head white cauliflower
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive or favorite oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped including the green part
- 1 teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 1 cup water or more or less as needed
1. Clean and discard the thick stems of cauliflower, chop into “rice” sized pieces, whatever that is to you. 1/4” is good and stays al dente.
2. Combine soy, ginger and heat oil in large non-stick sauté pan, pour in beaten egg, swirl to thin the egg layer. This only takes about 1 minute to cook. Remove from pan and chop for inclusion at the end.
3. Over med-high heat (same pan) add the chicken breast, sear on one side do not attempt to turn, add 1/2 cup of water wait until water is reduced to almost nothing, flip chicken breast, allow to sear on other side. Repeat with 1/2 cup of water, flip as needed until the chicken is cooked through, this also deglazes the pan.
4. When the chicken is cooked, remove to be chopped for addition at the end. There should be a glaze from the chicken, oil, egg left in the pan, add the cauliflower. The natural juice from the vegetable will deglaze the pan as the veg cooks. Stir for 1 minute and sprinkle the 5 spice powder into the veg still on med high heat. Stir for 1 minute then add the soy mixture.
5. Add chicken and egg, stir to warm and serve.